Head of Engineering / Engineering Manager)– Oxford – Vaccine, Pharma, Biologics, cGMP
An Engineering and Facilities Manager is required for our high growth sector client. With £70m of funding behind it, it’s no ordinary start-up company, and this is no ordinary Engineering Manager opportunity.
With government and industry support already secured this is your opportunity to join them on this exciting journey. You’ll be in a business critical role and have the opportunity to shape the way this business grows whilst supporting the CEO and COO as they rapidly increase their team to 40+ over the next couple of years.
As the Engineering Manager you will set the standard across the business and will be accountable for ensuring that the engineering and maintenance aspects required for the future operation of the facilities are fully considered, including the design, development and implementation of a maintenance program and engineering systems.
Once the site is fully operational you’ll be responsible for the capital budget and the implementation of capital projects. To aid you in this you will have the responsibility of recruiting, coaching and developing your own team of engineering and maintenance personnel.
Other responsibilities will include
• Reviewing & approving IQ/OQ/PQ documents.
• Creating and sustaining a culture that ensures that compliance (Safety, Environment, cGMP, etc.) are inherent in the business, including reviewing & approving compliance documentation.
• Ensuring quality products are consistently and reliably produced whilst managing cost.
To be considered for this role you will possess the following:
• A bachelor’s degree in an engineering, life science or a related field. Biologics would be ideal .
• A minimum of 2 years’ management/supervisory experience.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, commercial clinical research organisation or academic setting.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a functional area, such as Operations, Technical Operations, Technology, Engineering or Maintenance.
Ideally you will also have a Master’s degree in biological sciences or health-related field, with at least 2 years’ experience in supporting relevant manufacture (aseptic/sterile, bulk, solid oral dosage, packaging, utilities etc.) You will be have experience involvement with site, divisional or regulatory audits, working Knowledge of cGMP for pharmaceutical and/or vaccine manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, knowledge in reliability engineering (including asset life cycle management) and computerized Management Maintenance Systems e.g. SAP.
If you’re interested in this vacancy… Don’t delay, send your application to Rob@escalateuk.co.uk