Java Developer – Life Sciences/Pharma AI
Developing cutting edge, semantic software for the life science and healthcare industry.
Job Title: Java Developer – Life Sciences/Pharma AI
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £ Competitive dependent on experience
Benefits: Healthcare, Pension, Share Eligibility, Bonus plan, 25 days’ annual leave
Hours: 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday)
Our Client is a rapidly growing global AI company focused on the healthcare and life science market. Founded by an experienced team of scientists, engineers and commercial management, our award winning, innovative platform transforms textual content into rich, connected data used for business intelligence, machine learning and search. client Our base covers the majority of the world’s major pharmaceutical companies and our technology has won numerous global award for innovation and achievement. Our home is the world-renowned Genome Campus in Hinxton, Cambridge UK provides world-class facilities and opportunities to interact with researchers and companies involved in emerging informatics that makes a real difference to people’s lives.
What Makes Us Different
Joining us means that as well as a highly competitive salary and fantastic benefits package, but it’s also an opportunity to work somewhere with a different philosophy. At our heart, we’re excited by the possibilities for our technology and embrace new use-cases and ideas. We don’t stick to a rigid architecture but encourage the use of the right technology for the right problem, looking to all our developers for input and inspiration. We don’t suffer from politics and hierarchies, you’ll interact with everyone from management to marketing every day and have the opportunity to have your voice heard. We don’t pigeon hole our team members but let them explore new areas and research our products of the future. Above all, you’ll be directly shaping the cutting edge of informatics and drug discovery with some of the world’s major pharma and life science companies. The working environment is relaxed and informal and you’ll be encouraged to take ownership of key projects and explore ideas and technologies.
We’re known for solving the problems other solutions can’t and we’re looking for developers who thrive when faced with new challenges and opportunities. You’ll be joining at an exciting time as we begin to design and develop our new semantic platform and you will play an important role in making this vision a reality. We’re not a software shop, but a team that engages in collaborative R&D with our customers to devise new solutions to problems they’re facing. The main duties of this role include:
• Developing new components for our innovative platform for solving problems with large volumes of text-based data
• Developing rapid prototypes to test potential approaches in areas such as text mining, machine learning, graph technology, or others suited to your skill set
• Working with customers and partners to integrate multiple APIs in data workflows
• Testing and documenting the above
• Working to deliver exceptional customer support
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Experience of developing and deploying Java 8 solutions
• Familiarity with common forms of data such as XML and JSON and experience processing such data
• The ability to design and build unit-tested, modular code and deploy and run it on Linux servers locally or in the cloud
• Experience of designing or using RESTful web services and deployment of data across the network
• Understanding of Agile software development process and software management/deployment tools such as maven, git, docker, AWS, Jenkins etc.
Additionally, any experience in the following would be advantageous:
• Lucene based search technologies such as ElasticSearch
• An interest in Machine Learning / AI or some experience with common toolkits
• Querying databases using SQL
• An outside interest in coding.
Knowledge of pharmaceutical domain or semantic technology is not a requirement, however a willingness to learn about the approaches and technology in this area is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skill set in one of the hottest areas, based on a fabulous campus in south Cambridgeshire.
Job Title: Technical Sales Manager
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Benefits: Healthcare, Pension, Share eligibility, Bonus plan, 25 days annual leave
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Start Date: Immediate
Our Client is a rapidly growing scientific software business specialising in the emerging field of semantic technology. Our semantic solutions understand the complexity and variability of content within Life Sciences yet are still simple to use. We can quickly identify and extract scientific terminology from unstructured text and transform it into valuable machine-readable data. Flexibility is key. Multiple deployment options from pre-built end-user applications through to 3rd party application integration mean that the value of our semantic technology reaches a much broader audience than ever before.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Sales, the role of the Technical Sales Manager is to work together with the Sales Manager to secure new and expand existing customer licenses. Facilitating technical discussions and providing product demonstrations the Technical Sales Manager will work to scope out clearly defined projects that demonstrate the capabilities of our Semantic Platform and ultimately convert into long-term commercial relationships.
• Working closely with the sales team to drive new business development opportunities and attending meetings as a technical expert
- Understanding customer use cases and how we can address these
- Working with the project delivery team to ensure post sales processes run smoothly and that customer requirements are met
• Two key success requirements for this position will be to develop a strong knowledge and understanding of our portfolio and be able to align this to our clients’ needs.
- Liaise with customers to understand and capture project requirements
- Helping the sales team scope customer proposals with the sales team
•Monitor and report on progress of existing commercial projects.
• Deliver product demonstrations to prospective and existing customers
- Support at external and internal customer facing events
• Build technical relationship with prospects or existing customers
• Develop and maintain deep understanding of our technologies, the latest industry trends and how these apply to various customer needs.
• Active communication across the teams to ensure smooth customer/project management.
• Proven experience in and understanding of the Life Sciences / Bioinformatics and comfortable to discuss the various technologies and trends that are currently applied.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the technologies/environments/vendors commonly used in the informatics industry.
• Able to clearly articulate our capabilities to all levels of a customer organisation
• A good team player / self-starter with the ability to work using own initiative
• Experience of working under pressure and with minimum supervision
• Punctual with effective time management skills
• Can set priorities and be flexible in changing environment
• Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and demonstration skills
• Previous knowledge of working within in a similar role and/or organisation
• Genuine interest in technology and the desire to continue learning to drive career development
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Drivers licence, clean driving history and access to reliable vehicle
What We Offer:
A career with us comes with the chance to help tackle real-world challenges of some of the biggest companies in biomedicine and beyond. Coupled with that comes a competitive salary, a fantastic benefits package, share options and the chance to work in an environment that encourages innovation and personal development. Perhaps most importantly, working with us offers a chance to enjoy working in a small, friendly team where what you contribute really makes a difference. If you’re excited by innovation and want to join a company that’s breaking new ground and growing quickly, then this is the role for you.