Technical Sales Manager
Job Title: Technical Sales Manager
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Benefits: Healthcare, Pension, Share eligibility, Bonus plan, 25 days annual leave
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Start Date: Immediate
Our Client is a rapidly growing scientific software business specialising in the emerging field of semantic technology. Our semantic solutions understand the complexity and variability of content within Life Sciences yet are still simple to use. We can quickly identify and extract scientific terminology from unstructured text and transform it into valuable machine-readable data. Flexibility is key. Multiple deployment options from pre-built end-user applications through to 3rd party application integration mean that the value of our semantic technology reaches a much broader audience than ever before.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Sales, the role of the Technical Sales Manager is to work together with the Sales Manager to secure new and expand existing customer licenses. Facilitating technical discussions and providing product demonstrations the Technical Sales Manager will work to scope out clearly defined projects that demonstrate the capabilities of our Semantic Platform and ultimately convert into long-term commercial relationships.
• Working closely with the sales team to drive new business development opportunities and attending meetings as a technical expert
- Understanding customer use cases and how we can address these
- Working with the project delivery team to ensure post sales processes run smoothly and that customer requirements are met
• Two key success requirements for this position will be to develop a strong knowledge and understanding of our portfolio and be able to align this to our clients’ needs.
- Liaise with customers to understand and capture project requirements
- Helping the sales team scope customer proposals with the sales team
•Monitor and report on progress of existing commercial projects.
• Deliver product demonstrations to prospective and existing customers
- Support at external and internal customer facing events
• Build technical relationship with prospects or existing customers
• Develop and maintain deep understanding of our technologies, the latest industry trends and how these apply to various customer needs.
• Active communication across the teams to ensure smooth customer/project management.
• Proven experience in and understanding of the Life Sciences / Bioinformatics and comfortable to discuss the various technologies and trends that are currently applied.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the technologies/environments/vendors commonly used in the informatics industry.
• Able to clearly articulate our capabilities to all levels of a customer organisation
• A good team player / self-starter with the ability to work using own initiative
• Experience of working under pressure and with minimum supervision
• Punctual with effective time management skills
• Can set priorities and be flexible in changing environment
• Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and demonstration skills
• Previous knowledge of working within in a similar role and/or organisation
• Genuine interest in technology and the desire to continue learning to drive career development
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Drivers licence, clean driving history and access to reliable vehicle
What We Offer:
A career with us comes with the chance to help tackle real-world challenges of some of the biggest companies in biomedicine and beyond. Coupled with that comes a competitive salary, a fantastic benefits package, share options and the chance to work in an environment that encourages innovation and personal development. Perhaps most importantly, working with us offers a chance to enjoy working in a small, friendly team where what you contribute really makes a difference. If you’re excited by innovation and want to join a company that’s breaking new ground and growing quickly, then this is the role for you.