Our client, a well established and globally developing business, requires a Python Developer to work with cutting edge technology in pharmaceuticals informatics. .
Key responsibilities include;
- supporting the team by developing scripts and workflows
- developing pipeline to help automate vocabulary updates
- developing Python scripts to improve curation productivity
- working with software developers to turn these into plugins for other tools.
- working with Machine Learning experts to incorporate their tools into curation workflows.
The successful candidate will;
- a BSc/MSc/PhD in life sciences
- be Proficient in Python, UNIX/command line, GitHub
- have experience working with Bio-Ontologies
- have excellent teamwork skills
- have experience working in a bio-curation environment
It would also be advantageous to have experience of machine learning, natural language processing modules e.g. Python NLTK, MySQL, Java and experience working in a production environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding company. For more information or to apply email Rob Ally on email@example.com