Java DevOps Lead – Java
Our client, a well established and globally developing AI company focused in the healthcare and life science market are looking for an ambitions Java DevOps Lead to work on all aspects of the SDLC but with an emphasis on operational aspects. This will include wide ranging tasks such as feature coding in Java, deploying solutions to the cloud and maintaining things like Jenkins servers. The main emphasis is deployment and infrastructure.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Developing Java 8 on a variety of projects, mainly in the text-mining and ML space. These projects can be REST-services backed by semantic search systems, or simpler command line apps on a MapReduce framework. It’s wide ranging with close ties to data scientists.
- Modifying and building new deployment methodologies as required.
- Deploying n-tier applications on client sites and on the cloud.
- Working to deploy systems on a wide variety of target architectures. Eg. Elasticsearch cluster management, NGINX proxy configurations, firewall configurations.
- Managing CI/CD systems
- Delivering exceptional customer support at all times
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- Cloud providers, eg. AWS, Linode, GCP
- Management of CI/CD systems, eg. Jenkins
- Linux admin and shell scripting
- Proxy server configurations for security and load balancing, eg. nginx
It will be beneficial to also have:
- Understanding of big data technologies such as Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience of Docker - creating and deploying images
- Scripting ability in Python or similar
- Experience with Elasticsearch cluster management
- Experience of running SAAS systems for customers
This role presents an incredible opportunity to get exposure to diverse technologies as well as being intrinsically involved in some ambitious and personally rewarding projects that support cutting edge information science. For further information or to apply email Rob Ally on firstname.lastname@example.org