You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Java Developer – Life Sciences/Pharma AI
Developing cutting edge, semantic software for the life science and healthcare industry.
Job Title: Java Developer – Life Sciences/Pharma AI
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £ Competitive dependent on experience
Benefits: Healthcare, Pension, Share Eligibility, Bonus plan, 25 days’ annual leave
Hours: 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday)
Our Client is a rapidly growing global AI company focused on the healthcare and life science market. Founded by an experienced team of scientists, engineers and commercial management, our award winning, innovative platform transforms textual content into rich, connected data used for business intelligence, machine learning and search. client Our base covers the majority of the world’s major pharmaceutical companies and our technology has won numerous global award for innovation and achievement. Our home is the world-renowned Genome Campus in Hinxton, Cambridge UK provides world-class facilities and opportunities to interact with researchers and companies involved in emerging informatics that makes a real difference to people’s lives.
What Makes Us Different
Joining us means that as well as a highly competitive salary and fantastic benefits package, but it’s also an opportunity to work somewhere with a different philosophy. At our heart, we’re excited by the possibilities for our technology and embrace new use-cases and ideas. We don’t stick to a rigid architecture but encourage the use of the right technology for the right problem, looking to all our developers for input and inspiration. We don’t suffer from politics and hierarchies, you’ll interact with everyone from management to marketing every day and have the opportunity to have your voice heard. We don’t pigeon hole our team members but let them explore new areas and research our products of the future. Above all, you’ll be directly shaping the cutting edge of informatics and drug discovery with some of the world’s major pharma and life science companies. The working environment is relaxed and informal and you’ll be encouraged to take ownership of key projects and explore ideas and technologies.
We’re known for solving the problems other solutions can’t and we’re looking for developers who thrive when faced with new challenges and opportunities. You’ll be joining at an exciting time as we begin to design and develop our new semantic platform and you will play an important role in making this vision a reality. We’re not a software shop, but a team that engages in collaborative R&D with our customers to devise new solutions to problems they’re facing. The main duties of this role include:
• Developing new components for our innovative platform for solving problems with large volumes of text-based data
• Developing rapid prototypes to test potential approaches in areas such as text mining, machine learning, graph technology, or others suited to your skill set
• Working with customers and partners to integrate multiple APIs in data workflows
• Testing and documenting the above
• Working to deliver exceptional customer support
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Experience of developing and deploying Java 8 solutions
• Familiarity with common forms of data such as XML and JSON and experience processing such data
• The ability to design and build unit-tested, modular code and deploy and run it on Linux servers locally or in the cloud
• Experience of designing or using RESTful web services and deployment of data across the network
• Understanding of Agile software development process and software management/deployment tools such as maven, git, docker, AWS, Jenkins etc.
Additionally, any experience in the following would be advantageous:
• Lucene based search technologies such as ElasticSearch
• An interest in Machine Learning / AI or some experience with common toolkits
• Querying databases using SQL
• An outside interest in coding.
Knowledge of pharmaceutical domain or semantic technology is not a requirement, however a willingness to learn about the approaches and technology in this area is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skill set in one of the hottest areas, based on a fabulous campus in south Cambridgeshire.