Our Client in Bray, Maidenhead is currently recruiting for an exceptionally organised team facilities/ administror to join there team.
- Co-ordinating the current team’s tasks - everyone is part time and works different days. Therefore, if someone is out of the office the task gets left until she returns. It takes too long for any project to be finished;
- Writing some of my letters/documents, organising my diary and general secretarial work;
- File management – we have files dating back several decades and, although we don’t call on them every year, finding some documents/files can take days.
- Liaison with tenants – we are reactive and I would like to foster a closer relationship with tenants. We spoke of a business club ages ago and I still think that this would be a good idea;
- Co-ordinating with Sam on Health & Safety issues – Sam deals with a lot of this but again we take too long to finish things;
- Assisting with marketing;
- Assisting on Project co-ordination – I take overall responsibility for projects but would welcome someone else for help organise tasks in a timely fashion.
- 28 hours per week.
PA / Office Manager, Oxford, Circa £40K (negotiable)
Our client, with £70m of funding behind it, is no ordinary start-up Company, and this is no ordinary PA / Office Manager opportunity. With government and industry support already secured this is your opportunity to become employee No3, supporting the CEO and COO as they rapidly increase their team to 40+ over the next couple of years.
Our client’s activities are of national strategic importance and their efforts will have an impact across the globe, enabling the rapid dissemination of manufactured vaccines to combat epidemics wherever they may arise. In helping to build this exciting organisation from the outset, our PA / Office Manager opportunity is unrivalled, and the successful candidate will have enormous scope and opportunity to help bring benefits to millions. Few jobs can offer that level of satisfaction.
Based near Oxford our PA will, in addition to the normal PA / Office Manager duties:
- Assist the CEO and COO in scoping the first and subsequent offices and co-ordinate office moves as the organisation develops
- Ensure impeccable facilities management
- Support the administrative needs of existing execs and manage new appointee inductions
- Take Board minutes and monitor actions, ensuring nothing slips between the cracks
- Arrange and host VIP visits and co-ordinate exec travel plans
- Become the CEO’s right arm, managing priorities effectively and gate-keeping diary, calendar and emails
- Work with strategic HR partners myHRdept to set up HR systems, processes, policies and processes
- Maintain finance systems, accounting records, expenses, records and day-to-day invoice payments.
- Manage suppliers and negotiate deals with preferred contractors where required.
- Be the first port of call for external enquiries, colleagues and visitors.
To be of interest for this unique opportunity you will:
- Be demonstrably of degree calibre.
- Have at least 2 years PA/EA and Office Management experience in a rapid growth environment
- Be used to working with very senior executives, preferably with a scientific/research or similar high tech background
- Be highly computer/tech literate, with exceptional MS Office skills, essential is the ability to build advanced PowerPoint presentations
- Be a confident and skilful communicator in person, by phone and email
- Be highly influential, balanced with high level diplomacy skills
- Have superlative project management and organisation skills and a forensic attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: circa £40K, negotiable for the right person.